In order to compete effectively, we must seek new and better ways to achieve our goal. We have to find creative strategies to delight our customers. And we must find new ways to get more done with fewer resources.
With the change as fast as they are, doing things the old way will not be profitable for long. To grow, we must be constantly innovating.
and innovative company attracts and retains better employees. People want to be part of something creative. It is a stimulant and it’s fun.
here are 10 things you can do to foster a culture of innovation and creativity.
1. Live in the possibility. Know that every problem has multiple solutions. Stand in the belief that you and your team to find a better way to do anything you put your mind to. Practice cani-Constant and Never-Ending Improvement.
2. Always question what you do and why you do it. All too often, projects and tasks creep into our processes that are not necessarily consistent with our mission and purpose. Make sure that everything you do is in line and produces the results intended.
3. Challenging long-held belief. Just because something has always been done a certain way does not mean it is still the best way. As Anthony D’Angelo said: “Just because something is a tradition does not make it right.”
4. Take not the first solution immediately. There are many possible solutions to every problem. Most people go with the first plausible one that comes up, they lose value further and find more effective and elegant answers.
5. Read. You can not learn less. The more you know about something, the more you find that you do not know. By adding to your knowledge, you find more and more organizations. And do organizations is there seems magical things happen.
6. Have fun. Come up with ideas on how to do things faster, easier, with lower cost really is fun. And it’s fun to do get done more often. Schedule regular meetings of reflection and practice green-light thinking. Order a pizza for lunch and focus on problems or process and generate as many ideas as you can.
7. Get around people in different industries. By stepping out of familiar territory phone, open the door to new and different perspectives that you can use to your advantage.
8. Challenge your team to look deeper. When Henry Ford asked his engineers to design a V-8 engine, they said that it could not be done. He said it will be done and in the end, they did it.
9. Make sure you have adequate “mood ling” period of time to do anything. When we are constantly engaged in doing things, we do not provide fertile ground for ideas to take root.
10. Can your subconscious. Give the mind something to work on while you sleep. Select the problem you want to solve, a process that you would like better or a new product that you want to create before you go to sleep and then forget about it. Tell yourself that you want at least three elegant ideas for the next day and then expect to receive them. Trust me, it works.